Community Doula Program COVID-19 Policy and Best Practices
Telehealth visits still are still recommended and preferred.
Doulas can now offer in person visits if:
- Both you and your client are comfortable and feel safe having an in-person visit
- You meet in a space that allows adequate social distancing
- Everyone present that is 12 or older is wearing a mask
- You maintain social distancing, staying 6 ft apart
- Prior to your visit ask yourself the below questions and call or text your client and have them answer the below questions:
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with those symptoms or with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you had a fever or chills?
- Have you had a cough?
- Have you had shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- New loss of taste or smell?
If any are yes, you should not see each other in person.
Steps to Reduce Exposure when providing labor support:
- Wear a mask; use gloves as appropriate
- Wash or sanitize your hands as soon as you arrive, anytime you touch your face, and when you leave.
- Wipe down all your equipment before you arrive and when you leave.
- When you arrive home, remove your clothing & mask and immediately wash them with hot water. Wash your hands and sanitize all surfaces you have touched.